Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rayona

I really am enjoying this book so far. I find Rayona to be very interesting and Christine to be rather annoying. I often find myself wanting to tell Rayona to speak more or try harder because she seems so calm and to herself. I don't understand how she can be so calm when her mom just left her there with her grandmother. That's the only issue I really have with Rayona as a character. I also am not quite sure I understand why she isn't more cautious about the priest after he tells her she is beautiful but perhaps she is in need of attention and some type of "love" after her mother has abandoned her. It's hard for me to read this story because Christine reminds me of my own mother in the sense that she only really cares about herself. I find her completely selfish telling Rayona she is going to kill herself and just putting more pressure and stress on a young girl than she needs to. I understand she is feeling really low because of her life but I think she could be a better mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment