Sunday, September 19, 2010

Journaling

In my life, I view almost everything in a way that creates freedom and form. However, what I think would be one thing that gives the most balance between the two would be journaling. When I journal I am still writing, therefore, I do not throw all convention out the window. For the most part my words form sentences, or at least follow an order that creates sentences. However, my thoughts seem unorganized because I freely write rather than try to make one entry have a theme or main topic. The most form that my journaling has would be a basic sentence structure or perhaps when I journal poetry I may create my writing to seem to be in more of a poetic form. But what is so freeing about journaling is that it is simply my own thoughts, however they may enter my head, thrown on a paper without censorship, or worry of judgment. You could also say that my journaling sometimes receives form by my own experiences. By that I mean that the writing comes alive simply because I experience things and write about them. You could say that it is limiting in that way, because it is limited to my own knowledge, experiences, and mind. But I love how much freedom I can have with writing when I do it, though I often do find myself trying to make it "sound good."

1 comment:

  1. Great example. I agree. I love to write but I mostly like to write whatever I want. There are days when I would prefer an assignment--some direction about what to journal about, but I definitely like to write when the assignments are low stakes and allow me to do personal self reflections.

    ReplyDelete